Performance update and trial version now available!
“The way that all reverb plugins, based on convolution, should be made from now on” – Daniel James
Recording Stage Acoustics
Berlin Studio is a revolutionary convolution-based reverb plugin, featuring the rich acoustics of a large, well known German studio, captured with seven of their finest microphones. With Berlin Studio, you can position your real or virtual instruments as if they were recorded in this studio.
Mahler 2nd symphony brass chorale intro – Karl Ask
Created with virtual instruments from Sample Modelling by Karl Ask (https://www.youtube.com/@karlaskmusic)
Steady Escalation – Siegfried Friedrich
Ravel, Pavane from Ma Mère l’Oye – Roberto Soggetti
Created with VSL sampled instruments by Roberto Soggetti
The following demos are made with anechoic recordings*: sources without any reverberation. Please note that such recordings are not created to sound great or well performed. They are in the first place created for acoustics research and can thus be useful for testing reverberation plugins. The demos do not contain any EQ on the input, nor on the IR channels.
* Anechoic recordings from: Pätynen, Pulkki, Lokki – Anechoic Recording System for Symphony Orchestra, Acta Acustica united with Acustica, Volume 94, Number 6, November_December 2008, pp. 856-865(10)
- The plugin contains 18 different true-stereo positions, captured with three microphones sets:
- A Decca Tree with Neumann M50 microphones
- An A-B Pair, higher and behind the Decca Tree
- Two “surround” microphones, positioned even higher and wider
- The 18 source positions are:
Violins 1, Violins 2, Violas, Celli, Contrabasses, Woodwinds, French Horns normal, upward and forward, Trumpets, Trombones, Tuba, Percussion forward, upward and large, Back stage wide (“Choir”), Mid stage wide and Front stage wide.
- Recording and post-processing have been done at 96 kHz
- Supported formats: AAX, AU, VST2 and VST3
- MacOS with Apple Silicon CPU (using native code) or Intel style CPU
- Windows 10/11 with Intel style CPU
- Control over decay, width, reverb tail and early reflections per microphone channel
- Four band minimum phase equalizer per channel
- Time-alignment option for source and microphone signals
- Smooth changing of position choice, decay and alignment
- Proprietary zero latency multichannel convolution engine, running several layers of scheduled processing tasks
- iLok 2/3 or iLok Cloud for license registration and activation.